Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hodgepodge Veggie Juice

Saturday is always a crap shoot... I go to the Wednesday Santa Monica Farmers Market and the Sunday Hollywood Farmers Market. So on Saturdays, I try to use up all the random fruits/vegetables and herbs I have around.

This morning my juice consisted of: beetroots and leaves, watermelon, romaine lettuce, carrots, ginger and basil. I threw the basil in at the last second... I had visions of Watermelon and basil sorbet in my head.

Taste pretty good! Looks like it's straight beet juice (wouldn't mind having nail polish/lipstick the same color) which is actually a huge no-no.







* drinking straight beet juice is not advised as it can cause your vocal chords to become temporarily paralyzed as well as other adverse side effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

ALL PHOTOS UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED ARE NOT TAKEN OR OWNED BY ME. THEY ARE USED SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSION AND COMMENT. THESE IMAGES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE