Monday, June 22, 2009

Guest Blogger: Modelizing

I was bi-coastal for a while... Splitting time between Los Angeles, and NYC (and Westport, CT), soo much fun. I loved wandering around the city aimlessly, can't really do that in LA. Anyways, the thing I miss most is the window displays! So when I came across the blog Modelizing, I was stoked, then obsessed. I spent hours on the computer, going all the way back to her first post. The pictures conjure up tons of good memories. Check it out!


What made you start Modelizing?

I started Modelizing going into my Senior year at Parsons after I moved to the Upper East Side. I was taking the full course load, 19 credits, shooting 4 days a week, interning for Ryan McGinley, and even had a job during half of the semester. I wanted to escape and came up with shooting windows because they made me happy and it was the one thing I could do alone when it came to shooting fashion.



Any particular store consistently have your favorite displays?

Bergdorf Goodman, hands down. It's like an editorial shoot weekly. I don't know how they do it, but I like the fact that they are so consistently amazing. When it comes to non-department stores it's all about Valentino, which is usually incredible and innovative, as well as Calvin Klein. I also love shooting McQueen, but it's more about the clothes since there usually isn't a mind blowing display outside of it's usual 4 mannequins in a row.

McQueen smoking jacket

Your favorite designers?
That is an incredibly long and complicated list. But I will always love Tom Ford, I would love a suit from his store with some amazing sunglasses. I think I could rock it well even though he only does menswear these days. Karl Lagerfeld, Calvin Klein, Alber Elbaz for Lanvin, Helmet Lang, Ralph Lauren, anyone that can make an amazing pair of skinny black jeans/ J Brand for all of my ink coloured skinny jeans, Jil Sander, McQueen, Donna Karan, Donatella Versace, and Hedi Slimane for Dior Homme. That's the cliff notes main stream version, but I could honestly go on forever and bore people to tears.


Any Fall trends you're looking forward to?
I'm not a trends person, I've stopped reading style.com/looking at runway stuff because I like the windows to surprise me. It's weird but it works, otherwise I'd be bored by the time I saw it in person and wouldn't shoot it with the same sort of curiosity.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous post and questions!!

    BTW, what is that skirt in the last photo??!! It's perfectly stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again for asking me to do this! I'm really fascinated by your choices, especially the BG mens Ralph one. It's nice to see what other people like to look at.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

ALL PHOTOS UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED ARE NOT TAKEN OR OWNED BY ME. THEY ARE USED SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSION AND COMMENT. THESE IMAGES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE