Saturday, April 4, 2009

Vegetarian Mexican Recipies

I was talking with someone this week about eating healthy; but, still eating the foods you love. It sounds like an oxymoron right? I've found the best thing for me to do is think about all the good things I eat and try to eat more of them...

Growing up in Los Angeles, there was always a plethora of vegan/vegetarian/alternative restaurants and my Mother encouraged me to eat less animal proteins (except dairy of course). I'm sharing some amazing, tried/true Mexican Vegetarian recipies!

From.... The Vegetarian Table: Mexico

Jicama and Watermelon Salsa
(note: when feeling bloated jicama and watermelon are two of the best things you can eat)

jicamaToss 1 small or 1/2 medium jicama peeled and diced, 1/2 pound watermelon peeled and diced, 1 scallion trimmed and minced, 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon shredded mint leaves.

Vegetarian Tostada

6 tostada shells, 3 cups cooked black beans, 3 cups of white rice 1 ripe but still firm mango sliced, 1 cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, 2 cups of Guacamole.

Arrange to your liking on tostada shells

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

ALL PHOTOS UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED ARE NOT TAKEN OR OWNED BY ME. THEY ARE USED SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSION AND COMMENT. THESE IMAGES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE