Friday, April 10, 2009

The Meaning of the band THE BLACK KEYS Name

 The Black Keys

So anyone that knows me, has at least heard me mention how much I have come to love The Black Keys in the past 1.5 years...

There name comes from this guy that was a friend to both of their families back in Akron, OH. He was an amazing artist AND Schizophrenic (my favorite type of a person) and he used to leave these ranting message asking for random things. At the end he would always say "And if you don't do it, you're a Black Key."

I think that's awesome, but courtesy of my friend Lauren, I call people "Crispy Nuggets", so I'm going to leave messages something along the lines of this.

"Hey Jessica, it's Nik, it's about 3:15 pm on Friday... Wondering what you and that kid are up to. Oh and if you don't bring me a hot man, a 1999 Nissan Maxima with no tint, a 5th of Belvedere and a grapefruit, by 4:04 pm you're a Crispy Nugget."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

ALL PHOTOS UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED ARE NOT TAKEN OR OWNED BY ME. THEY ARE USED SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSION AND COMMENT. THESE IMAGES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE