Sunday, July 5, 2009

John Fogerty and CCR at The Hollywood Bowl


So I didn't know what I was signing up for; but, I went to see John Fogerty yesterday. The tickets were $25.00 and the seats seemed decent, and there was a fireworks show. So I was like whatevs I'm down. Didn't feel like dealing with a huge nighttime drunken party, so this seemed to fit the bill.


I'm not big on pop rock, and my concert buddy begged to differ, that John Fogerty was NOT POP ROCK. Whatevs, let's agree to disagree and call it a night, open the wine...



Anyways, the old people at this concert were heeeelarious. I'd really like to know why old couples always get separated and the women ends up yelling name. This serioulsy happened around us no less than twice, in about 3 hours "BOB!, BOB!" jesus christ.


And I'm thinking John Fogerty can't hear shit. I can just imagine his wife yelling down the stairs at him at home.... to bring the Haagen Dazs up to bed with him. YA right, he never hears, poor boy always has to go back down and fetch it. He's still rockin though. Two extremely drunk chicks even rushed the stage, like he was all sexy, I almost fell on the floor laughing. I like vintage boys, not prehistoric.

Oh, the LA Philharmonic was there too, the conducter guy was funny, and had on patriotic socks AND shirt.



All in all, a good time. And thanks to me checking Facebook statuses during the concert I was able to see a friend who was also there, whom I never seem to catch up with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

ALL PHOTOS UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED ARE NOT TAKEN OR OWNED BY ME. THEY ARE USED SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSION AND COMMENT. THESE IMAGES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE