Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I've Got the Blues

Not in a bad way.... I go through phases where I will wear practically the same thing everyday, then something shifts and I move on. Right now I'm loving, blue hydrangeas denim (PRPS, Current/Elliot, Marc by Marc Jacobs), nautical stripes, and my calf skin leopard flats. Kind of Americana with a twist. Red nails, my Tag Heur, Marc Jacobs Basil body splash, my Prada Messenger bag, and when I'm lounging in the house. My Oliver Peoples Ari frames, a 3 quarter length chaps nautical shirt, with honeydew ruffle boy shorts, they have little anchors on them and navy bow.



The moment I saw these PRPS jeans I was quite attached. I usually don't go for pre-distressed jeans; but, these felt different. They're handmade in Japan, the paint splatter won my over. I enjoy pairing them with a conservative J.Crew or Tory Burch top and funky shoes.



Even the buttons are rad!

I also have 3 pair of Current/Elliot jeans, thanks to the sample sale last friday! They were $50.00 each! Compared to $230.00 a pair (+ redonkulous CA sales tax) I figured 3 pair wouldn't hurt... Anyways, I got two pairs of the cropped boyfriend jeans, one distressed, one plain, and also a pair of the full length boyfriend jeans with distressing... The distressing is a bit contrived; but, they have more of a girly fit than my Men's PRPS jeans, so it's all good.



I picked up this denim shirt from a Japanese designer at the Melrose Flea Market. He's testing his designs on the LA Market... I have to go back and pick up some more pieces from him and try to pry more info from him. His assistant made me delete all the pictures I took I was totally sad. Adore the detail on this shirt. Oh and it was only $35.00. I'm sure when he releases his line the price will at least triple.




And my absolute favorite outfit right now...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

ALL PHOTOS UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED ARE NOT TAKEN OR OWNED BY ME. THEY ARE USED SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSION AND COMMENT. THESE IMAGES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE