Thursday, June 11, 2009

Guest Blogger: Style Copycat



Another one of my favorite bloggers, was gracious enough to answer a few questions for you guys... Su of Style Copycat. She has a supernatural ability, to hunt/gather street style photos that all share a common denominator. Her blog is nothing short of amazing. They're so many street style photos out there, it's so nice to go to Style Copycat and look at people from all over the world wearing a similar item in similar ways; but, of course with their own special quirks.

Thanks for your work Su!

Why did you start your blog?

I can say I started it by chance, as I never thought to have my own blog, so the reason why can sound a little strange. I have been working in the fashion business as coolhunter, stylist and designer for the last 8 years, so I visit often street style and personal blogs and keep hundreds of pictures in my computer. Some months ago I was working in a communication project for a museum and we had to design a blog for them. I wanted to make some tests before, so I create a trends blog that was the easier for me as I had those hundreds of pictures about street style. I made 4 or 5 posts for the test, and I was so surprised about the hundreds of visits and positive comments in just a few days, so I decided to go on.There is a lot of people that don't want or don't have time to visit many street style or fashion blogs everyday, so I try to put everything together and make it easy.


Favorite Style Icons?


I think I don't have any style icon, I mean I am not a real fan of any celebrity or it girl, I get easily fed up of them, I prefer anonymous people and bloggers.


Your Most Cherished Item?


I love specially bags and shoes more than clothes, but I think my favourite item is a black cropped leather jacket fropm some seasons ago, it is just perfect with everything.


What's first thing you notice in a person's outfit?


Never thought about that...but I think shoes, a good pair of shoes make th 90% of a good outfit.


Favorite designers?


So many! Alber Elbaz, Phoebe Philo, Cristina Ortiz...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

ALL PHOTOS UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED ARE NOT TAKEN OR OWNED BY ME. THEY ARE USED SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSION AND COMMENT. THESE IMAGES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE