Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Guest Blogger: Rich Hippie

My first guest blogger... Rich Hippie. She's super cute, from across The Pond and reminds me of a younger, cooler, British version of myself. She runs an awesome blog, and has her very own Rock n Roll style goin on, check her out. Oh and Rich Hippie, can you tell Topshop to hurry up and come to LA for me please??


1. Fave style icon?
I don’t have a style Icon, I just have my every now and then obsessions, at the moment it’s the entire cast of My so called life. I believe that I’m not influenced by appearance per say but by character. If you have an attractive mind, or the way you carry yourself, like do you play with your hair when you talk and how to walk...stupid shit, but that’s what truly makes you beautiful and unique....and then afterwards I just happen to pick up on something I like.

Music may be my most obvious references, but I don’t like being to literal, so yeah, music, the mentally ill and cats inspire me...... to sum things up.

2. At what age did you start developing your own style?
pretty much from the moment my mom allowed me to dress myself. It’s however changed about a billion times since then. I’ve been the wannabe princess that would only wear dresses to school, quirky and miss matched (but that’s mostly influenced by the horrible 90’s and how my mom used to dress me) and then to matchy!! I have this jacket covered with daisies (there’s a pic of it somewhere on my blog) that’s 12 years old and I had matching pants which my mom bought from H&M, wore it to my class photo in second grade. Tom Boy for a while (during puberty I declared me never becoming a girly girl) and the face where id only where something with a number on, then emo, punk, break-dancer (id always show my belly button) girly girl, preppy, Gossip girl, hippie, and now well I don’t know what I’m doing, just like my personality, my style belongs to a schizophrenic.

3. Where do you like to shop?
hmmm....im going to guess TOPSHOP

4. Favorite piece right now and why?
Denim shirt and Doc Martens

5. Most favorite trend you're looking forward to?
I don’t like trends, being trendy is character suicide. This fall I’m forward to trying out a peek-a-boo concept as showcased by Stella McCartney. Cuts and gaps in clothing either showing flesh or exposing a more sophisticated sex with lace....something like that....

Well, I’d like to avoid trying to define my blog. It used to be about style trends and everything glam, but I’ve been to lazy and then refrained from being too focused on everything Vogue, cuz in order to become those girls you read about so much you have to find yourself and what you feel comfortable in. Being weird and out of this world is not how those phrased to be so, look at themselves as.

So my blog is pretty much all about why I am the way I am and how I came to this. I am brutally honest and don’t believe in sugar coating things. I’m not a people pleaser so I’m not afraid of people hating me especially when that person makes me question my character. It’s about everything I love, but mostly about everyone I hate......THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

ALL PHOTOS UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED ARE NOT TAKEN OR OWNED BY ME. THEY ARE USED SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSION AND COMMENT. THESE IMAGES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE