Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Guest Blogger: Pretty Little World


Pretty.Little.World is oh so pretty, and rocks my socks on a daily basis...


What is your current obsession?

I have two current obsessions: One is saying the word "awesome" every chance I can squeeze it into a sentence. I go through periods in which I have a favorite word, and most of the time I don't really know where it comes from. It just crops up and is there until something else equally ridiculous replaces it. One of these days I'm hoping that it will be a curse word, because I've since I first saw the Showtime show, "Dexter," I've decided that I needed to swear more in day-to-day conversation.

The second is buying bags. I don't know if this counts as an obsession, because it's not new, but I'm always looking at them, and I always want new ones, so that's sort of obsession-y. Here are a couple of my current favorites:




I realize that the LV Multicolor Speedy isn't anything new, but I just swoon every time I see those little candy-colored letters! The Chloe Saskia is a close second though. I didn't like this bag when I first saw it, but now its strangeness has kind of grown on me.


What are you wearing today?

Today I'm wearing my fav. blue linen shorts from Express. It took me absolutely forever to find a pair of shorts that I loved, but these were certainly worth the wait. (And they were on sale for $29.99!!). I paired them with a white and orange-y-red striped top from Target -- it has 3/4 length sleeves and makes me feel very French-chic. I would post a picture, but alas, getting a new house ready to move into has take a toll on my hair and "pretty time."

What are you listening to right now?

Right at this very moment, I'm listening to NPR. This always seems to be on my house. In terms of the kind of music I'm listening to, I keep going back to She & Him, Volume I. Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward are magic together. I'm never bored listening to that CD.

Who is Your Style Icon?

My style icon is certainly Diane Kruger. This girl absolutely never.ever makes a fashion mis-step. It really doesn't matter whether she's on the red carpet or walking to pick up groceries, she look phenomenal!






What Trend Are You Most Looking Forward To?



Fall fur. Whether it be real or faux, fur jackets, coats, boleros, scarves, vests, whatever...can have this stunning bohemian look to it. And it doesn't really matter what you have on underneath -- jeans, riding boots, a tee -- or if you have messy hair and no make-up -- you're going to look fabulous. If designer furs are out of your price range, vintage and thrift stores are great alternatives to finding pieces for under $150.00. And if you're firmly in the "no real fur" camp, lots of shops like H&M, Express, and TopShop do some really cute faux pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

ALL PHOTOS UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED ARE NOT TAKEN OR OWNED BY ME. THEY ARE USED SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSION AND COMMENT. THESE IMAGES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE