Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Another Bryant Terry Recipe



Ya get used to Vegan Soul Kitchen, I'm makin my way through the book, so here's another one.

Anyways, I went to bed late for me last night, was woken up in the middle of the night by someone that had a lot to say, then I woke up early this morning and went to the Wednesday, Santa Monica Farmers Market. It was raining this morning so strange, so I came back home, putzed around a bit, hid under the covers from the Thunder outside and napped until 7:00 pm.

So when I woke up I was hungry and too lazy to do anything complicated. I settled on blanched garlicky Black Kale and Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Coconut Milk.

The Kale is something a friend (Nero) taught me to do.

I take an Organic bundle of Black Kale (my favorite varietal) remove must of the stems and cut with scissor kitchens width wise. Then I place it in water salted and at a rolling boil, leave it in there for about 1 minute that's it. Pull it out and use a tablespoon of olive oil and fresh garlic (1-2 cloves you decide).

Love the rippled texture of Black Kale.



For the Roasted Sweet Potato Puree with Coconut Milk -- from Vegan Soul Kitchen



4 pounds of sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
4 tablespoons of agave nectar
6 tablespoons of coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon of coarse sea salt
1/2 cup canned coconut milk, warmed, add more as needed

Preheat oven to 400 F.
In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, agave nectar, coconut oil and salt, toss well.
Transfer the sweet potatoes to a parchment lined baking dish or roasting pan and roast for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
Puree the sweet potatoes with 1/2 cup of warmed coconut milk, adding additional coconut milk for your desired consistency and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

ALL PHOTOS UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED ARE NOT TAKEN OR OWNED BY ME. THEY ARE USED SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSION AND COMMENT. THESE IMAGES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE