Monday, April 6, 2009

Springtime Recipes

So I went to the Dr. today... No big. Just allergies/sinus infection. Anyways, she got on my case after seeing some ahem... urine test results. I have this really bad habit of not eating or drinking anything when it gets warm. I can't deal with the heat unless I'm at the beach (hence me never living far from the ocean). So I thought I would include some of my fave warm weather recipes to inspire you AND me.

Cucumber and Avocado Soup

SERVES: 1

TIME: 2 minutes

* zest of 1/2 lime

* juice of an entire lime

* 1/2 teaspoon salt

* 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded, roughly chopped

* 1/2 avocado, peeled and roughly chopped

Blend everything together until totally creamy and smooth.


Cucumber, Basil and Lime Juice

SERVES: 1

TIME: 5 minutes

* 1/2 cup fresh basil

* 1 English cucumber, cut in half lengthwise

* 1/2 lime, zest and pith removed

* 1 apple, cut into wedges


Salad with Carrot and Ginger Dressing

SERVES: 1

TIME: 5 minutes

For dressing:

* 1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped

* 1 large shallot, peeled and roughly chopped

* 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh ginger

* 1 tablespoon sweet white miso

* 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar

* 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seed oil

* 1/4 cup grapeseed oil

* 2 tablespoons water

For salad:

* 1 head of baby gem lettuce (or any greens), roughly cut

* 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced

* 1/4 avocado, diced

Pulse the carrot, shallot and ginger in a blender until finely chopped. Scrape down the sides, add the miso, vinegar and sesame seed oil and whiz together. While the blender is going, slowly drizzle in the grapeseed oil and the water.

Combine the lettuce, onion and avocado in a bowl, drizzle with plenty of dressing and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

ALL PHOTOS UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED ARE NOT TAKEN OR OWNED BY ME. THEY ARE USED SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSION AND COMMENT. THESE IMAGES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE