Friday, January 23, 2009

Easy Weeknight Meal



I have this male version of a stray cat, that comes around lookin for food. Typically on a daily basis; however, he does walk the dogs in rain, extreme cold (by LA standards) and heat, so I let him do it... Usually there's something in the fridge and he's a good scavenger so, he just bags up whatever he finds and leaves. But sometimes one or both of us is feeling talkative so I'll put something together real quick.

So, it goes something like this: Whole wheat pasta takes about 10 mins to boil and is a good enough source of protein and fiber, I boil it with a drop of olive oil and salt the water heavily with coarse sea salt.

Next I sautee a source of protein maybe tofu, or left over london broil or rotisserie chicken from Costco, with... EVOO and you guessed it! Onions + Garlic.

Then I add veggies, usually spinach, I just throw the protein and pasta in a bowl and add the spinach raw, it wilts just perfectly... And I'll top it with shredded basil, chopped tomatoes and freshly grated Parmesan cheese and black pepper.

Seriously takes like 15 mins...

You can do this with any sort of pasta, veggie and protein... If you use something other than spinach I suggest sauteeing it with the protein/onions/garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

ALL PHOTOS UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED ARE NOT TAKEN OR OWNED BY ME. THEY ARE USED SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSION AND COMMENT. THESE IMAGES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE